Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Toddler Story Time - Trains

Today's story time was all about TRAINS!! As children came in we watched a video of steam trains chugging along the railroad tracks to get us in the mood.  First we read Might Machines: Trains using the ACTIVboard projector so everyone could see.  We learned all about trains - from tracks to cars to conductors.  Then we heard Miss Nina sing "I've been working on the railroad" while we marched in our story area in a line like a train.  I heard lots of trains sounds like "chug-a-chug-a" and "whoo-whoo" as we rounded the bends! Next we read the book Shark vs Train by Chris Barton & Tom Lichtenheld where 2 boys used their imaginations to decide which was better. It all depended on what they were trying to do, but I think we decided that both sharks and trains are pretty fun to play with in the end. After sitting to listen we stood up to join the Choo Choo Soul group sing, dance, and clap to the ABCs. Finally, we settled in to hear our last story Two Little Trains by Margaret Wise Brown.  That was a favorite of my little boy when he was younger and loved to play with trains all day!  We ended with our good bye song, and went off to enjoy the rest of our day! I loved seeing some of the same faces, as well as many new friends too!  (I even had my nephew join us on my iPad through FaceTime to listen to all the fun!) Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment